Admission and Discharge
It is sometimes hard to know what to expect when you are coming into hospital. The
following information will help you in planning your admission and discharge
at Joshi Hospital.
When you arrive, go to the Admission Counter at the given time. The staff at the
counter will duly guide you through the process.
What to bring
Please be sure to bring with you:
- your Medical Insurance (if any) card
- the name of your Doctor
- emergency contact details of your next-of-kin
- any medications you may have beeen taking
- any x-rays/scans/reports that may be related to your condition
- one set of loose night wear and slippers alongwithpersonal toiletries such as soap,
toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shaving kit, towels and tissues.
Please do not bring jewellery, other valuables or excess cash to hospital, as Joshi
Hospital will not be responsible for any loss of valuables or cash kept in the ward/room.
During your stay, your doctors and nurses will let you know how long they think
you will be in hospital.
Even before this happens, we believe it is in your best interest to start planning
for your discharge and after-care as soon as possible.
Before leaving the ward/room, please make sure you collect any private x-rays/scans or
medications and confirm if you have any follow-up appointments. Also, ensure you
collect all of your personal items.